October 25, 2019
Dear 1B Families,
This week we focused on nouns and attributes/ descriptive words.
We read books looking for descriptive words and attributes of characters. We also did writing about pumpkins using descriptive words. Our letters and sounds we focused on this week were: z and u. In math, we are finishing our subtraction unit through 5. Next week we will start graphing. In science we are continuing to study plants in more depth.
The packet is due next week on October 31.
Halloween, October 31 & All Saints Day, November 1
Halloween and All Saints Day Expectations: (If you dress up for Halloween, you must dress up as a saint on All Saints Day, November 1.)
If your child is not dressing up as a saint on November 1st then they need to be in uniform all day on October 31st Students must come to school in their uniform on Halloween and will be allowed to change into their costumes after second recess.
- Costumes are not mandatory. Participation is optional.
- No masks
- No weapons of any kind, including weapon replicas and toys
- No Clowns
- No mouth items, such as fake teeth and lips
- Students will be participating in classes as normally scheduled.
- All hair dye, face paint, nail polish, etc. must be removed by the next day
The links below offer some simple suggestions for saint costumes:
We will have a small class party this day from 1:50-2:45!
Attached is the link to sign up to help
Mrs. Heidi Harris