Dear 1B Families,
Happy Holy Week! Again I want to thank you for all your support and work with your children. We will have two zoom meetings on Tuesday and Thursday at 10:30am this week. This week the students will login into to Discovery Education and watch helpful videos on money. Their login information is posted in the passwords assignment. To find this go to the classwork tab in google classroom and then the topic passwords.
Zoom Meeting Links: See the email for links and passwords.
- Math: This week we are starting money. This can be a challenging concept, if you have any loose change have your child starting working with and counting the coins. We will practice money during our zoom meetings and videos will be posted each day to help.
- Reading: This week in reading we are working on building reading stamina at home though read to self. Each day we will post a video for the students to watch to work on read to self. This is a reading strategy we also do at school and it is important to continue to develop these reading skills at home. We use the Daily 5 book and reading strategies in class. Here is the parent video link to give you more information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1a55fZVGNg
- Religion: This week in religion the students are writing about Holy Week and what happened to Jesus. Please have your child use the lined paper in their packet, if they do not have enough please just use paper you have at home. I have posted the writing and an example each day in google classroom.
- Science: On Friday, 4/3, the science test was posted if your child has not completed the test please have them do this as soon as possible. After spring break we will start our new science unit on the human body.
- Grading Procedure: I am giving students grades in Google Classroom based on completion. Please note that these grades are just to show completion, i.e. if your child has turned everything in for the day he/she will have 100%. However, if there are things your child needs to work on or work that is not complete I will type these in the comments. The student can then resubmit the assignment. If you have questions about this please let me know. I am looking for effort and participation allows me to measure their progress.
Please also remember we have Spring Break April 13-17 so no assignments will be posted in google classroom this week. Again thank you so much for all your help and support and please let me know if you have any questions! 😊
Thank you and God Bless,
Mrs. Heidi Harris